We have produced a number of free resources on child language development for parents and people working with young children. These are made available on this page and can be shared freely.
- Watch our series of short talks about how children learn to communicate with language.
Webchats with our researchers
- A number of our researchers have been taken part in live webchats about child language development. Read the transcripts from these live chats.
What do babies know when?
- Our Stages of Language Development resource highlights some interesting facts about what typically developing children know about language at different ages from 0-2 years.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
External Resources for Parents and Families
- I CAN Help service gives families the opportunity to speak to a speech and language therapist for free to discuss any concerns or questions they have regarding their child's communication skills.
- The Communication Trust's resources for parents and families
- The National Literacy Trust's resources for parents and families
- The Notts Language for Life programme's resources for parents and families