Language Development Short Talks
Watch our researchers answering key questions about language development and about LuCiD
All of our recorded seminars can be viewed here.
- Painting a more detailed picture of children's early language development - recording (free registration required) | slides
- How children learn words and how we can support the early stages of language acquisition - recording (free registration required) | slides
- Communication Interventions for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: iPads and Pictures - recording (free registration required)
Nursery World Magazine
English & Media Centre eMagazine
- From signing to ‘sensory’: can trendy baby classes really boost a child’s development?
- How we showed ‘sleeping on it’ really is the best way to solve a problem
- What is going on in your brain when you sleep?
- Watching TV can actually be good for toddlers
- What grammar gurus don't get about how we learn
- Talking to your babies could help them do better at school
- How can parents influence their children's language development?
- How does shared book-reading help boost child language development in the early years?
- Myths and misconceptions about language development in multilingual children
- Social disadvantage and language delay
- The impact of baby sign on infants and their parents: A short evidence briefing for parents, early years practitioners and policy makers
- Reading and language development
- How do children learn language?
- How do children learn words and how does their environment affect language learning?
- Baby gestures
Materials for SLTs
- search our outputs database for research publications, abstracts and presentations